If you are a jewelry lover, then you will most likely be wearing your jewelry every single day. However, since we are in public most of the time or even at our own homes, our jewelry can be exposed to a lot of harmful bacteria and viruses. That is why it is imperative for jewelry owners to know how they can sanitize their jewelry. It’s a good thing that we compiled the top 5 ways that you can sanitize your jewelry at home.
- Meticulously Inspect Your Jewelry’s Material- Make sure that you are not buying fake jewelry or jewelry that is made out of cheap materials. Find a trustworthy custom jewelry maker in the Philippines for you, and never settle for anything less.
- Alcohols on Sanitizers Are Off Limits- While rubbing alcohol and sanitizers are often utilized in sanitation, their harmful chemicals can have harmful effects on some gemstones or precious metals. Try to find other ways of disinfecting instead.
- Explore on DIY Jewelry Cleaners- Instead of having to go to your jewelry store and getting your jewelry cleaned, you can clean it yourself by using simple hacks such as hot water with baking soda or some form of dish detergent.
- Wonders of Hydrogen Peroxide- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical that is known to be useful in keeping your jewelry germ free. It will be beneficial for jewelry with more rigid materials such as sapphires, diamonds, and rubies.
- Sanitizing Jewelry Containers- It is crucial to clean the places where we put our jewelry in, or all our efforts will be wasted. Be sure to check up on your jewelry containers from time to time.
If you would like to learn more about this topic, check out this infographic by Adeva Jewellery, makers of the best custom jewelry in the Philippines.